All That is Random # 4 - Just a little link crazy

It's Friday and a fine one it is. The birds are in rare form this morning I'm sitting here listening to a symphony of bird song with the coo of turtle doves as the base notes.

So I'll swoop right into All That is Random.

"It would seem as we get clear on what we want, the hows, whats and whos show up in our faces, right where they've been all along." Rhonda LaShae

I'll warn you before you get too involved, this is one of those posts that links to a bunch of stuff.

In my google reader yesterday, there was a blog post from sufi healer, heart centered business founder, father of twins Mark Silver. (clicking his name will take you to his about page.)

I'm not certain how or why it showed up. For those who know what google reader does, you're going, that's totally expected, it's supposed to show up, so what? Or you could even be thinking well, she obviously doesn't know how the google reader technology works but that's not what I'm talking about.

I read the blog post. I re-read the blog post. I clicked the link to comment on the blog post. Nothing. 404 Error Page. Huh. Now I'm confuzzled. The post was exactly what I needed, right when I needed it. And I wanted to thank Mark for writing it. So the part that makes no sense is that the blog post is nowhere on his blog or his archives or even his newsletter. Which means I can't link to it to share it with you.

(EDIT: The post didn't show up until June 16, 2009. How do I know that? Because now there is a link http://www.heartofbusiness.com/avoiding-www/ dated June 16, 2009. Weird, but not really weird.)

Completely makes me sad and curious. I love getting curious. So I started digging through his archives and man on man, it's a vein of gold. Gold I tell ya. Okay I already knew this but still something from 2006 or 2007 is relevant today. I mean really it's over two years old how could it be relevant, now. (Uh that was sarcasm.)

This vein of archival gold is deep. Check them out. I would link to everything I found, but you would need a few weeks and plus that's not an ItyBite is it? Just head to his blog http://www.heartofbusiness.com/blog/ . Look for the search box in the upper right hand corner and type in a word or a phrase. You'll find something helpful. Seriously. Even if it has nothing to do with business.

So far I've typed in 'help', 'resonance', 'getting started' and a few other terms and lets just say my weekend will be full of reading, then doing.

I especially liked this post I found for getting started http://www.heartofbusiness.com/visualizing-your-way-to-success-uh-no/

Okay, hmm what else. Oh yes, this video, for this book by author Katherine Center had me crying (literally and metaphorically) in a plurk last night.

Katherine's book and message reminds me of a poem my mom wrote about a question I aksed her when I was young. "Momma am I pretty?"

You can read the plurk and watch the video right there in the plurk. It's one of the many reasons I love plurking. I'll be honest, I have yet to purchase the book but it's going on my wishlist and will most likely end up being a stocking stuffer for the women and young girls in my life.

Let's see random notes found this week

  • blogging, paypal, ar, twitter, plurk, article marketing
  • 5 people 1 help
  • natural limits vs ?
  • business vs avocation - both
  • 15 to 16 years to pay off all debts and that's only so long as no new debts are introduced (this one has me shaking my head. I don't like it. Not. one. little. bit - that's just too long for debt repayment)
So that's it for me.

What random events have shown up in your life, that aren't really random at all?


--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment may not appear immediately, depending on the date of the post you are commenting on or if this is your first time commenting on the blog.