All That Seems Random Fridays # 7 | The Clear as Mud Edition

Hi again. Yep, it's Friday and that means it's time for the randomosity. Diving right in.

You can find so much information on the internet about 'how to' do just about anything and yet you're still confused about how to do whatever it is you want to do. (That was me talking to myself earlier this week.)

You know the information is out there but you don't know the right questions to ask or you know so very little that it's even hard to ask questions.

I've been listening recently to someone explain some concepts that are clear as day to them and clear as mud to me. They want to help me understand, yet because they're so far beyond me, they can't remember which parts they didn't know first.

And I'm so lost I don't have a clue of what questions to ask. This happens Every. Single. Day. even now, after having done all this stuff that was supposed to stop that from happening. You'd think it wouldn't continue to happen right? I mean in school we learn how to ask the questions we need to ask, yes? And parents eagerly answer all of our childhood questions, yes? And then ask us if we have more questions, right?

That's when I realized, I know exactly what questions to ask, but I'm afraid to ask them because they will make me seem, sound, look, appear to be, label me as dumb and stupid.

Woah, where did those words come from? Who told me asking questions would make me look dumb and stupid? Who?

Yes, exactly, who did tell me that? I don't remember, but I know I learned it somewhere.

Learned it. Which means I can unlearn it. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens1513858module8197113photo_TigerWoods_Fist_Pump.jpg1202767632

That's the kind of thinking that opens up so many avenues in the brain and gets you buzzed to move.

And move I am, see below. The other thing that can happen is choking on the idea of unlearning what you've learned and that is not what we want to happen.

How can we avoid choking on this. ItyBites. Write it down (that's where all these random tidbits come from during the week.) Then keep doing what you were doing before you had the thought. The thought is doing the work it needs to do and is creating some new neural connections in your brain. It up to you to use those connections though.

You know, use it or lose it.

And that my friends leads me directly to the random tidbits found on my desk after the cleaning/clearing session...


*The link leads another blog on which I'm challenging myself to do a thing (and ask the questions). I'm just making myself even more accountable to doing the thing by sharing with you. It's specifically about marketing on the internet...which led me into a contest. Go check it out if you're curious. Nothing to buy there.

Well that's it for me. What random events have shown up in your life, that aren't really random at all?

-

LaShae


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment may not appear immediately, depending on the date of the post you are commenting on or if this is your first time commenting on the blog.