All That Seems Random # 18 | Freckles and Time

Wow, it's Friday again which means it's time for All That Seems Random, where we share how aware (or not) we are of the events, people and opportunities the universe has presented to us based on our focus and desires. Because we need to CELEBRATE them.



There is a Creative Commons license attached to this image. AttributionNoncommercialShare Alike

Last week saw me asking for a way to track my time commitment to various tasks. I had only two requirements. One - I can set it up quick, easy and simple. No learning curve, no downloads, no configuration. Two - It needed to be free, since my new tools budget is showing cobwebs. There was a third but it wasn't a requirement exactly. I just didn't want to spend any time looking for it.

So with all that in mind, I wrote down my starting time on a piece of recycled paper and got to work.

As I was working I ran into a question of how to integrate two seemingly disjointed ideas. A thought occurred to me about doing something I'd been putting off doing, which might actually provide help on the integration issue.

So I merrily stopped what I was doing. Thought for a few minutes about where exactly the link I needed was. Remembered. Skipped over to my twitter favorites (just one of the many reasons to have a twitter account). Found the link. Clicked it and only then did I recall the need to write down my stopping time on my paper tracking time system. Oops.

Oh well, just a few minutes.

Then I noticed, after spending an inordinate amount of time with Kelly Parkinson on her blog, doing what I had been avoided because ewww talking about myself in third person. After doing the exercise, I did have a better understanding of what the integration issue was really about.

And I found Let's Freckle.

Thank you Kelly Parkinson.
 
Hmm random notes found on my desk this week include but are not limited to the following:


That's it for me, what random events, people and opportunities are showing up in your life, that aren't really random at all?

26 minutes to edit this post. A total of 77 minutes to bring all the random bits together. I'm really diggin' Let's Freckle (weird name, cool time tracking concept).


--
LaShae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment may not appear immediately, depending on the date of the post you are commenting on or if this is your first time commenting on the blog.